Vegetation mapping in Lake Köyliönjärvi, Satakunta region
- General mapping of aquatic plants, will be tendered in the project.
Compiling General plan for vegetation management based on mapping
- Pyhäjärvi Institute will proceed plan.
- Aim is to improve the usage of lake and increase biodiversity in pilot areas.
Testing solutions and practices for harvesting common reed and excess aquatic plants
- Restore flow conditions in littoral zone to raise biodiversity and recreational value.
Survey on distribution of aggressive invasive species Reed sweetgrass (Glyceria maxima) in Lake Köyliönjärvi area
- Survey will be executed in co-operation with local actors.
Instructional evening discussion events on identifying Reed sweetgrass, management solutions and social capacity building
- Aim is to increase awareness of local people.
International cooperation and networking for finding and sharing best practices and knowhow
- Pyhäjärvi Institute will participate in workshops organized by other project partners for changing knowledge and ideas in themes