1. Involving local residents in fisheries management and monitoring
- Länsi-Uudenmaan vesi ja ympäristö will organize workshops building fishing tackles and test them. The aim is to try citizen science method involving locals to fisheries monitoring and find local interest in gathering fishing data for monitoring purposes.
- Basic idea is to gather essential information of fisheries and increase involvement of local anglers for fisheries management.
2. Creating a web based service for collecting fishing data
- Aim is to develop easy methods for gathering fishing data and methods for data visualization.
3. Improving the utilization of local fish
- Länsi-Uudenmaan vesi ja ympäristö organizes events and funds measures that promote utilization of local fish.
- These events and measures include for example workshops on fish handling and preparation of fish delicacies.
4. Enhancing the predatory fish population in Lake Enäjärvi
- Länsi-Uudenmaan vesi ja ympäristö will carry out, together with local fishing area, improving of breeding grounds of predatory fish.
- Aim is to enhance the predatory fish population and improve the top down regulation in the target lake.
5. Protecting eel migration in River Karjaanjoki
- Länsi-Uudenmaan vesi ja ympäristö will carry out studies together with local fishing areas on the current status of eel population and eel migration.
- At the moment eel is stocked in inland waters but hydro power plants decrease its survival downstream. The aim is also to study possible measures for eel transfers downstream.
6. Gathering and sharing information of experiences related to management of fisheries
- Länsi-Uudenmaan vesi ja ympäristö will organize several events to share the knowhow and knowledge gained in the project.
- The aim is to raise interest for water protection and management of fisheries and create a shared goal among stake holders for lake restoration in target lakes.
7. International cooperation and networking for finding and sharing best practices and knowhow
- Länsi-Uudenmaan vesi ja ympäristö will organize two international workshops in its region and participate in workshops organized by other project partners for changing knowledge and ideas in themes related to lake restoration and fisheries management.
The Association of Water and Environment of Western Uusimaa