Regions of LAG Pyhäjärviseutu
1. Inventory of condition and efficiency of existing water protection measures and improving structures with local non-governmental organisations
- Pyhäjärvi-Institute will monitor together with local non-governmental organisations and land owners the state and nutrient reduction efficiency of water protection structures (sedimentation pools, wetlands, filters) by previous results and water sampling.
- Simple tools and guidance of monitoring and maintenance are composed for the land owners.
2. Collecting the information of best and new practices of reduction of external nutrient load
- The information about the best nutrient reduction practices and techniques is collected, and the solutions of improvement of inefficient structures are chosen.
- The best techniques and sites are selected based on workshops and meetings.
- Pyhäjärvi-Institute will find out and list potential funding for investments.
- Pyhäjärvi-Institute will find out if cottage owners are interested to do joint purchase for example of dry toilets or gray water filters.
3. Evaluating the effects of the predatory fish population on water quality
- This evaluation is a tool for local fishing association to manage the fish stocks (introduction of different fish species, rules for fishing).
4. Increasing of the use of local fish for food
- Pyhäjärvi-Institute will improve the use of local fish for food by negotiating with local fishers and food industry about fishing and processing fish.
5. Collecting and combining the information and results of water analysis and presenting results in popular form
- Pyhäjärvi-Institute will collect the information of existing water quality results and make popular presentations of water quality.
- Aim is to increase awareness of local people.
6. Collecting the data of phytoplankton blooms
- The aim is to increase consciousness of local inhabitants and to activate people to use and complete the Järviwiki web pages.
7. Collecting the information of cutting and use of reed. Piloting the new cutting methods.
- Aim is to find out new methods of cutting and carry out the pilot cutting. The information of the possibilities to use of reed biomass (for example raw material of biogas or dressing in fields) is collected.